|Superior Dressage Horses
USDF Gold, Silver, & Bronze Medalist
Samantha Hodgson was born on May 9, 1987 and started her riding career at the age of five.
She showed extreme promising talent, and shortly thereafter, acquired an interest in dressage. By
the age of 10, she was showing successfully at introductory level and training level, with
numerous achievements and accomplishments. She schooled her mount Kalabask an Arabian
gelding to second level by the time she was 11 years old. She further excelled with upper level
dressage after diligently riding and training her PSG mount Harli over the years (as well as riding
anything offered to her).
Samantha has ridden, trained, and schooled many other mounts for individuals that saw her
uncanny talent. She made the task of riding anything look effortless, and with always a
remarkable finished product of improvement. She periodically showed through the years, but
chose to master the true art of riding upper level dressage by being devoted, dedicated and
committed, and staying out of the heavy show circuit schedule to accomplish her goal of riding
In 2001, at the age of 14, Samantha acquired BeyMoon Zela. She schooled and retrained this
stallion in two years. In 2003, at the age of 16, she made her show ring debut at 3rd/4th level
dressage on her Arabian Stallion. She also successfully showed a 16-2 hand warmblood at 3rd
level. Samantha further trained her PSG mount (Harli) to Grand Prix.
Samantha has ridden in front of numerous well-known professionals and trainers, which have all
made extremely positive and inspiring comments regarding her natural ability, agility, and talent.
She has ridden many FEI horses of all breeds and sizes, with much success by using her unique
talent and ability with each horse to exemplify its individual attributes.
In 2006, at the age of 19, Samantha began showing Scrabble, a bay Arabian gelding, at Grand
Prix. Throughout the 2006 show season Samantha and Scrabble earned scores up to 65% at
In 2007 Samantha and Scrabble were named Grand Prix and Intermediate II National Champions
at the Arabian Sport Horse Nationals. They were also BLM Reserve Champions at Intermediate II
with a 65.00%.They were named USDF National Champions at Intermediate II Jr/YR and were
USDF National Reserve Champions at Grand Prix Jr/YR. Together Samantha and Scrabble earned
scores as high as 77.50% at the Grand Prix level.
In 2008 Samantha and her stallion BeyMoon Zela debuted at the Grand Prix Level with a
58.125%. At the 2008 ECRDA Championships they were named Champions at Grand Prix Jr/YR
with a 62.917%.
By the age of 20, as a Jr/YR, Samantha earned her USDF Gold, Silver, and Bronze Medals riding
3 different Purebred Arabian horses. Samantha has been invited 3 times (2005, 2006, & 2007) to
participate in the Region 1 Advanced/FEI Jr/YR Clinics with George Williams.
Samantha is an accomplished FEI rider, competitor, and trainer. She has competed at many
Regional, National, and International Events such as Region 15 Championships, East Coast
Regionals, BLM Championships, Region 1 GAIG Championships, Arabian Sport Horse Nationals,
and the prestigious Dressage at Devon ***CDI Horse Show a total of 3 times.
So far Samantha has trained 3 horses (E.A Helen, BeyMoon Zela, & Scrabble) to the Grand Prix
Level. BeyMoon Zela and Scrabble have been competed successfully to Grand Prix with
Samantha, earning numerous awards at the Regional and National level.
In 2009 Superior Dressage Horses was formed by Samantha and her mother Dawn Hodgson.
This all inclusive equestrian business was established with high aspirations in mind. Superior
Dressage Horses focuses on the training, showing, and sales of top quality dressage horses.
Services also include lessons, clinics, and a FEI school master program.
Samantha hopes to broaden her equine education and riding skills in Europe within the next couple
of years. She plans to train with some of the finest and reputable trainers and riders available in
Long-term equine goals are to become an accomplished Grand Prix competitor and trainer at the
International level, and to ride for the United States Equestrian Team. Samantha also hopes to
acquire a USDF Judge L Licensing and with continued education would like to earn a USDF S
College goals and courses will respectfully reflect both a Graphic Design & Digital Media Major
and Business Minor. Including pursuing a possible career in modeling, which she did in her earlier
Samantha remains true and sincerely humble and realistic with all of her equine related, personal,
and academic accomplishments and successes. She strives for perfection in all areas, with direct
insight to accomplishing her short and long-term goals, both personally and professionally. She
demonstrates hard work ethics along with an attitude that drives her to never quit, but one that
allows her to obtain her goals.
Samantha has worked for the past 12 years under the close supervision of her mother/trainer,
Dawn Hodgson. Both have devoted themselves to the form and discipline within the art of
dressage. Teamwork, understanding, friendship, devotion, and dedication have strengthened the
foundation of each one of them by working as a whole, along side with their equine companions.
Personal and Academic Achievements and Accomplishments
Cup with BeyMoon Zela
- Jan 2009- International High Performance & FEI registered, Dec. of Intent for Brentina
at the ECRDA Championship Show.
- Oct 2008- Samantha & BeyMoon Zela win Champion at Grand Prix Jr/YR with a 62.917%
- Sept 2008- Samantha & BeyMoon Zela Debut at Grand Prix with a 58.125%
- Jan 2008- International High Performance & FEI Registered
- Jan 2008- Declaration of Intent for Brentina Cup w/ BeyMoon Zela & Scrabble
- Feb 2007- Declaration of Intent for Brentina Cup Qualifying with Scrabble and BeyMoon
- March 2007- Selected for USDF Region #1 Advanced Young Rider Clinic with George
Society Status, Holding status in the 99th percentile, Nationwide only 1/2 of 1% of the
- April 2007- Inducted into the 2006-2007 National Dean's list (2nd time) elevated to Honor
Nation's College Students receive this rank.
- May 2007- Graduated from BCC with 3.5 GPA holding a degree in Graphic Design and
through Grand Prix at Open A rated shows.
- July 2007- AHA Rider of Excellence earned
- July 2007- USDF Gold Medal earned
- Aug 2007- Numerous equine awards accomplished with 3 different FEI horses 4th level
- Sept 2007- Arabian Sport Horse Nationals Champion Intermediate II & Grand Prix riding
bestowed only on the top 1% of college students.
- Oct 2007- BLM Reserve Champion Intermediate II and Third Place Grand Prix.
- Oct 2007- Earned distinction of being named to the National Dean's List, an honor
"International Scholar Laureate Program" (ISLP) Delegation on Business in Australia,
- Oct 2007- Outstanding academic performance has earned nomination to attend
Central Eastern Europe, China, and India Summer of 2008.
Final GPA 3.0
- Dec 2007- Graduated from Burlington County College with a small Business Certificate.
Arabian Stallion, ridden by a Junior Young Rider to compete at the FEI level in USDF's
- Jan 2006 - Samantha & Beymoon Zela+ are the 1st combination team of a Purebred
History, and also, in qualifying FEI (NAYRC) Classes.
National Deans List 2005/2006. The National Dean's List is the largest, most prestigious
- Feb 2006 - Received honorary award recognition in the 29th annual addition of the
publication in the country recognizing gifted students. Only 1/2 of 1% of the Nation's
College students receive this award.
Williams. Having met the selection criteria
- Feb 2006 - USEF International High Performance rider status
- Feb 2006 - USDF Declaration of intent NAYRC
- March 2006 - Selected rider Region #1 USDF Advanced FEI young rider clinic w/George
- May 2006 - ***Scrabble Samanths's new Grand Prix mount arrives***
- May 2006 - Burlington County College G.P.A. 3.8 Spring Semester
- June 2006 - Burlington County College invitational Art Show exhibitor with two pieces on
signed by Samantha to have her contestant application Video and material be used in the
- June 2006 - Brave street Productions, requests per Robert Dover's direction a release be
TV production of "America's next dressage Star"
Scrabble in the warm-up, schooling GP, and commented on his correct basics, and the
- July 2006 - Dressage @ the Park - Oded Shimoni approached Samantha while riding
superb quality of his training and her outstanding riding ability. Oded was amazed they had
only been partners for 8 short weeks.
- July 2006 - 1st Grand Prix test w/Scrabble scoring a 64.167% with only 10 weeks of
4th level to Grand Prix w/3 FEI Horses, all registries & organizations:
- July 2006 - Numerous equine qualifying scores earned, with only 6 weeks of showing -
Scrabble - BLM@PSG, I-1, I-2, & GP, GAIG@PSG, & I-1, AHA@PSG, I-1,
I-2, & GP Region and Nation
Beymoon Zela - BLM@I-1, AHA@PSG, & I-1 Region and Nation
E.A. Helen - AHA@4th Level & PSG
Young Rider Team Test Scrabble (60.889%) BeyMoon Zela (57.704%)
- Sept 2006- ***CDI Dressage at Devon
Young Rider Individual Test Scrabble (58.083%) BeyMoon Zela (57.833%)
Challenge, which is a program of the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports.
- Jan. 2005 - Earned Presidential Championship Award - Silver Medal Award for President's
to attend the 55th Inauguration of the President of the U.S. National Art Honor Society -
- Jan. 2005 - Earned status of Presidential Classroom Scholar. Invited to Washington, D.C.
Art Major, Senior Year.
held fall 2005
- Jan. 2005 - Status w/USEF - International High Performance Junior
- Jan. 2005 - Status w/USDF - Advanced FEI Young Rider
- Jan. 2005 - Robert Dover's "America's Next Dressage Star" Contestant applicant - being
Warrant A 3.5 + G.P.A by invitation only in recognition of Academic Excellence.
- March 2005 - Inducted into the National Society of High School Scholars Qualifications
students, being awarded the certificate of merit for being a multi year nominee, and
- March 2005 - Inducted into the 39th addition of who's who among American high school
inducted into the exclusive "Honor Society", for gifted students to where special
recognition is bestowed. Carrying status as one of the elite group of multi-year honorees....
1/2 of 1% of American high school students achieve this level of excellence, into Who's
Who elite "Honor Society", which ranks the top 5% of students who have exceeded
academic excellence, which is high lighted by Who's Who torch, the symbol of the highest
Clinic, having met the selection criteria, based on application criteria, previous horse/rider
- April 2005 - Selected as a USDF advanced FEI Yr, to participate in the George Williams
combination experience, score checks, and committee/panel review, and selection.
maintaining a G.P.A. of 3.8
- April 2005 - Advanced level president's challenge "Bronze Medal"
- May 2005 - Seneca Art show award recipient- pottery category
- May 2005 - Advanced level president's challenge "Silver Medal"
- May 2005 - 1st year completion - Burlington county college, Maintaining a G.P.A. of 3.75
- June 2005 - Seneca High School - Principal's List
- June 2005 - Seneca High School graduate within the top 20 of the graduating class,
FEI/PSG, FEI/I-1...competing on (2) FEI Mounts, in multiple registries & organizations,
- June 2005 - AHA Rider of Supreme excellence award received
- June 2005 - Numerous equestrian achievements, qualifications, and awards @ 4th level,
nationally, regionally, and locally.
Robert Dover informing her of earning status, of on of the top 25 riders submitting
- June 2005 - Achieved advanced level president's challenge "Gold Medal"
- Aug 2005 - Robert Dover's "Next dressage star" contest, received a personal call from
applications out of 460+ submissions. Received a personal congratulations, on obtaining
this achievement..Dover quoted as saying this was not an easy feat. She is an outstanding
Placed 1/2 a point behind an imported small tour warmblood, ridden by a Nayrc Medalist.
- Oct 2005 - Dressage at Devon 1st ***CDI w/Beymoon Zela+ in the FEI Yr riders classes.
FEI Young Rider Team Test BeyMoon Zela (58.444%)
FEI Young Rider Individual Test BeyMoon Zela (56.917%)
Schmidt (2004 Athens' Olympic Gold Medalist) at performance farm, and an opportunity
- Dec 2005 - Burlington County College fall semester G.P.A. 3.8
- Dec 2005 - Personal invitation from Cesar Parra to audit a private clinic with Hubertus
to ride w/Cesar Parra in private lessons on PIK-L, who was a Devon small tour champion,
and also, Participated in the 2003 Pan-American Games also, an invitation to accompany
Cesar Parra on a buying trip to Europe, and spectate the Frankfurt Show.
which is a program of the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports and is highly
- Earned Presidential Championship Award - Bronze Medal Award for President's Challenge,
recognized by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services.
Scholarship, earned by graduating in the top 20 in the class and numerous full scholarships
- Maintained 4.0 G.P.A; Honor Status - 1st semester of college. Pending NJ Star
have been offered and granted.
Sport Horse In-Hand, in multiple organizations and registries.
- Maintained 3.75 G.P.A; Honor Roll Status; Principal's List - Senior High School.
- Numerous regional and national equine awards and championships at 3rd and 4th level and
attitude, and exemplifying hard work at Seneca High School.
- Awarded “Peoples Choice Award” for outstanding accomplishments, dedication, positive
Center For The Arts in Southern NJ.
- Art Excellence Award, Burlington County High School Student Exhibition, presented by the
Among American High School Students.” One of the highest academic honors awarded to
- Seneca High School Academic Award – Recognition of the Center For The Arts show.
- Commendable achievements merited recommendation to and acceptance into “Who's Who
less than 5% of American students, in a total of 24,000 high schools nationwide. Only the
highest achieving students in high school are even considered for this honor.
Honor Student status, including two languages – Spanish and German. German is
- Maintaining a G.P.A. of 3.0+ Freshmen, Sophomore, and Junior years in high school.
preparing her for training and education in the equine sport in Europe. Meeting required
high school credits, which she earned in only three years.
- HSPA (High School Proficiency Assessment) – Advanced Proficient Status.
- USDF Jr/Yr Arts Contest – Participating contestant (**winners to be announced in Oct.
AHA, USDF, USAE, AWR/ASPR, PHR, ESDCT, and ECRDA.
- Numerous equine-related accomplishments and achievements at 3rd/4th level dressage with
Freshmen year of college. Consisting of early dismissal of high school classes, combined
- Participation in the Senior Option Program – Combines Senior year of high school with
with early acceptance to college courses (an accelerated college program). Acceptance into
this program is valid through academic excellence and maintaining a 3.0+ G.P.A., as well
as numerous other eligibility requirements.
a member reflects and is based upon art scholarship, service, and character.
- Inducted into the National Art Society in recognition for being an Art Major. Acceptance as
USAE, and ECRDA. Amongst conquering a long-term childhood goal to some day ride and
- Numerous equine achievements and awards at 3rd/4th level dressage with the AHA, USDF,
be a participant at Dressage At Devon, which she has fulfilled.
FEI Pony Team Test BeyMoon Zela (57.167%)
FEI Pony Individual Test BeyMoon Zela (58.387%)
Education Awards Program for outstanding academic excellence for eight consecutive
- Certificate of Recognition being inducted into the National Honor Society, Presidential
years, commendably maintaining a 3.0+ G.P.A. Honored for academic performance.
- Honor Student: G.P.A. 3.0+ consecutively for eight years. Elementary National Honor
peer tutor to classmates (eight years).
- S.T.E.P Program: An accelerated and advanced academic placement. She also acted as
achieving academic excellence. Invited to participate six consecutive years.
- Accepted and into the prestigious Ambassador To Ambassador Academic program for
Superior Dressage Horses
All Rights Reserved.